6/10/11

I don't have a catchy title, but I am now in Peru. Continue reading for more.

Hola amigos,
I just arrived in Arequipa, Peru on Wednesday and God has already bombarded me with lessons of who He is and then who He wants me to be.  First, I have realized that my relationship with God in the States was many times about me more than about God.  I was doing great things and had a good relationship with God, but I often went out of my way for others for my personal gain.  No, I was not receiving money or things for my actions, but there was most times a part of me that wanted that recognition to boost my self-esteem.  As Christians, though, we do not need to rely on our good actions or others to define us or give us strength.  Our God has promised to sustain us.  His Word tells us how often He thinks of us.  Jesus is even interceeding on our behalf to the Father.  Thus, we can be free from the need to find recognition.  I know often people will not know about my decisions to sacrife to love others, but that is okay.  Think of it this way: What if someone missed out on experiencing God becuase of our obsession with personal gain ?

Don't let moments slip by you.